Of all the most wonderful things in the world, perhaps the greatest and most worthy of noting is happiness.
Monday the 14th of March:
My name is Alonn Bellmoc, and I am keeping a record of my life from this point on. You see, on my 19th birthday my parents gave me this journal and told me that someday I may want to reflect on what I had experienced in greater detail than memory alone. This idea seems a little silly but I have decided to humor them until they forgot about the whole thing. What moved me to even start this entry was a particularly unique event which occurred just three days previous. Almost everyone knows that feeling of meeting someone and instantly wanting to know more about them. Perhaps it is a person with different characteristics than your own or maybe someone with whom you share a lot of interests. But when you meet them and you can't stop talking, you know they will impact your life in a more profound way than others.
His name is Brent...Smi...Smith, maybe. Not sure. It is funny how the names of important people seem to slip our minds. Anyway, I met him when I was out running an errand for my mother in the detergent aisle of the grocery store. I have this problem with my eyes drying out when I go to public places, especially when I am around chemicals. When I started down the aisle I was just mumbling to myself about my dry eyes, as I often do in stores, when this voice behind me startled me.
"You should see aisle three, that is where they keep the eye drops."
I jumped a little and he apologized and introduced himself. Sadly, I can't remember his last name... Of course I introduced myself and felt awkward for jumping and talking to myself. The strange part was that he didn't seem to think I was weird at all. He just said something about how the chemicals bothered his nose so he sort of knew where I was coming from. From there our small talk turned into deeper conversations and then into what we thought about the world and just really anything. It was different, but somehow I felt that we had met each other before. Not like a past life or anything just in a more casual situation. Perhaps not in a grocery store.
After walking around the store discussing whatever we stumbled upon I noticed that an hour had passed. My mother had expected this little excursion of mine to take only twenty minutes, not an hour and twenty minutes. He looked at me and said that it was fantastic to have met me and to have talked but he had to be on his way. I agreed with him and we said our goodbyes. I don't know what it was about him but it felt like I was just catching up with an old friend, as if we had left off at our last encounter and picked right back up.
That was my motivation for starting this thing anyway. If anything is worth noting it is meeting new friends and influential people. Until next time, have fun and goodnight. I am exhausted! I will type to you later!
*Note: This is completely fictitious but has influences from my real life. I am obviously not Alonn Bellmoc, I am Chris Campbell. I decided to come out with a journal-like post every few posts to keep myself from sounding dry and becoming boring. I love to creative write and this helps to get some of my creativity out. Being in college ends up taking away from your free time a lot! Anyway, that is my little note. Enjoy the story! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment